- Civil Division
The General Sessions Civil Court has Jurisdiction in the following actions:Civil cases up to $25,000
- Forcible entry detainer actions (evictions)
- Action to recover personal property
- Emergency mental commitments
- Denial petitions for handgun permits
- Drug Dealer Eviction Program
The General Sessions Civil Court consists of six (6) civil judges which preside in approximately 65,000 new cases annually.
The General Sessions Court Clerk’s Office is responsible for the record keeping for the six civil divisions and nine criminal divisions in Shelby County, Tennessee.
Providing quality, efficient, and courteous service.
Online access to General Sessions scanned documents is now available. For more information please visit under Civil Division, Online Garnishment answer form Tab.
Civil Court Holidays Calendar - 2020 (PDF)