Create A New Account
Print This Page
- Can I purchase a variety of days, other than the pre-defined options in selection # 1?
- NO! You can only select from the pre-defined options.
- Why do I have to complete Section #2 (Contact Information)? Can I skip this section?
- NO! You can not skip this section. You must complete all sections and you must complete all fields within a section, before you can create an account.
This information is required, because there may be an occasion when General Sessions will need to communicate with you.
For Example: If you submit a request to add a new file to the current file selection, we will use the contact information in section #2 to inform you of our decision. As always General Sessions has the right to deny any or all requests.
- I can't remember my password, Can General Sessions tell me my password?
- No! General Sessions cannot tell you your password. If you would like to continue using the download website, you must create a new account and purchase "download days" for that new account. The days in the old account are non-transferable, and you will not receive a refund for days that are lost, due to password negligence. This is a self-service website you are responsible for remembering, protecting and securing your logon credentials.
General Sessions cannot help you recover an unknown password.
- Can I create an account If I disagree with the website policy?
- NO! If you disagree with the policy you cannot create an account, and you are advised to exit the website.
- Can I create an account if I don't have a credit card? Can I come on-site to get a General session employee to create an account for me and use cash as the method of payment?
- This is a self-service website. You can only create an account if you have a valid credit card. Your account can only be created via the Internet. You must create your own account via the Internet.
General Sessions Employees can not create or update your account.
- What is a Password Hint?
- A password hint is a word or phase that will help you to remember your password.
Example: If you wanted your password to be your favorite cousin's nickname and age, and his nickname is rabbit and he's 31 years old .
Your password would be: rabbit31
Your password hint would be: favorite cousin's nickname and age
- Sometimes when I click on the 'BACK' button, I get a PAGE EXPIRED message. How can I prevent this?
- This is very common for Internet Explorer (IE) browsers and it is due to a setting on your system.
The setting forces the IE browser to not cache or save information from encrypted pages. If you want to save or cache encrypted pages you need to change the setting by opening IE, click on TOOLS, then INTERNET OPTIONS and select ADVANCED from the tabs.
Scroll down the list to SECURITY and make sure that the box for "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk" is UNCHECKED. Then click APPLY. You should now be able to use the back button to correct your information on the New/Update Account forms