Logon - Home Page
Print This Page
- I don't have a password or user id. How can I obtain these logon credentials?
- You must create an account.
1.) Click on the 'Create New Account' Button.
2.) Complete the New Account form.
3.) Purchase the number of days you want to download case information.
4.) You must have a valid credit card, to purchase days.
General Sessions cannot update or create your account. This is your responsible. General Sessions cannot help you recover an unknown password.
- Can I use CASH? I don't have a credit card.
- NO! You can not use cash. You must have a valid credit card to purchase, "Download Days". If you do not have a credit card you cannot use this website. This a is self-service website . Only credit card transactions can be processed via the Internet.
- Can a General Sessions' employee create and/or update my account?
- NO! You must create and/or update your own account. The person that creates the account is considered to be the account owner. The account owner is responsible for maintaining, securing, remembering, and protecting their user id and password. The account owner is also responsible for keeping the account information current.
General Sessions cannot update or create your account. This is your responsibility
- After I have purchased a pre-defined number of days, can I add additional days to my account?
- YES! You can always add additional days to your account. The days you purchase will be added to the active days you have remaining in your account. FOR EXAMPLE: If you have 5 days remaining in your account and you decide to purchase 30 additional days. this will increase your total active days to 35 days.
- How can I re-activate an expired account or add more days to an active account?
- (1) Click on 'Update My Account' (2) Select the number of days you want to add to your account and complete the remaining sections of the update form. To purchase days you will need a valid credit card.
- What type of case information can I download?
- Currently there are 7 types of files. (1) New Cases (2) FEDs (3) Garnishments (4) Civil Judgments (5) Satisfied Cases (6) Over Payments (7) Levy Cases. There are 3 file formats: (1) Delimited Format (2)Fixed Length Format (3) MS Excel Spreadsheet Format
If you have suggestions for additional files, Please submit your request to the address and name listed on the ' Select a File' page. To access this page, you must have an active account. This is the page that you use to download the case information.
Please include your account number (ex: WA-000000). Your request will be reviewed and the person that's listed as the account's contact person will be notified, of General Sessions decision.
General Sessions may or /may not make the suggested file available for download. General Sessions has the right to deny any or all requests.
- If I don't know my password. Can General Sessions tell me my logon password?
- No! General Sessions cannot tell you your password. If you would like to continue using the download website, you must create a new account and purchase download days for that new account. The days in the old account are non-transferable, and you will not receive a refund for days that are lost, due to password negligence. This is a self-service website you are responsible for remembering, protecting and securing your logon credentials.
General Sessions cannot help you recover an unknown password.
- Sometimes when I click on the 'BACK' button, I get a PAGE EXPIRED message. How can I prevent this?
- This is very common for Internet Explorer (IE) browsers and it is due to a setting on your system.
The setting forces the IE browser to not cache or save information from encrypted pages. If you want to save or cache encrypted pages you need to change the setting by opening IE, click on TOOLS, then INTERNET OPTIONS and select ADVANCED from the tabs.
Scroll down the list to SECURITY and make sure that the box for "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk" is UNCHECKED. Then click APPLY. You should now be able to use the back button to correct your information on the New/Update Account forms